initiated by CDRmare & CDRterra
Submission deadline: May 31, 2024
Editorial Board: Andreas Oschlies, Julia Pongratz, Sabine Fuss, Matthias Honegger, Matthias May, Nadine Mengis, Christine Merk, Gregor Rehder, Daniela Thrän, Martin Zimmer
This focus issue collection welcomes contributions which cover the following:
- CDR as pathway to mitigate the increasingly drastic consequences of human-made climate change and to achieve the Paris Agreement goals.
- Whether and to what extent CDR methods can play a significant role in the removal and storage of CO2 from the atmosphere, individually and as part of portfolios, and how this potential changes over time (due to climate impacts or due to efforts to scale methods up).
- Considerations on the linkages with and impacts of CDR on the environment, including Earth system feedbacks, economics, society, and governance considerations. We seek contributions both on these individual dimensions and how they impose possible constraints on the feasibility of CDR as well as on the interactions of the dimensions.
- Developing of appropriate approaches for monitoring, attributing, and accounting for carbon storage in a changing environment – the prerequisite for certification and incentivization of CDR.
- Developing and applying assessment frameworks that allow, e.g., political decision-makers to evaluate CDR pathways across all relevant dimensions.
All focus issue articles will undergo the same review process as regular articles. Authors are encouraged to contact one of the editorial board members, or the journal team, to discuss the suitability of their work prior to submission.
Please submit your article using the online submission form. Indicate the appropriate article type for your submission then choose ‚Focus on Carbon Dioxide Removal (CDR)‘ from the drop-down menu.